« Home | Why i love the open source folks :-) » | Road Not Taken: My creed » | Why Gtalk? » | Intelligence and Deja Vu? » | Hydrogen briquet? » | Communications and World Peace » | Why does India fail in product development? » | CMMI processes for R & D Projects » | FPGA Killer app? » | on the origin of sexes »

Monday, September 19, 2005

I am India

My CEO recently forwarded a poem about India he saw in a magazine some 30 years back. He clipped it and saved it. Amazing how it remains as (maybe more) true today as it was then.



I detonated a device that rocked the world.
But I have yet to shake my sleeping millions awake.

My bigotry sundered a subcontinent in two.
But I have given man his most tolerant Faiths.

I grew up unlettered and illiterate I shall die.
But I have schooled a hundred million children.

My life is a trauma of permanent hunger.
But I have created protein from sugarcane bagasse.

I perish in my thousands of cholera and typhoid.
But I have led the team which discovered aureomycin.

My industry stagnates because I will not work.
But I have leapt a hundred technological years in twenty.

I walk in the footsteps of a man called Mahatma.
But I have loved the teacher more than his teachings.

Freedom was the paradise I promised my poor.
But they halved the reward by doubling their numbers.

I was born in a palace plundered and sacked.
But I have made of the ruin the home I love called India .

I am sad.
But I am glad.
I am.

Ours is a magnificent land.
We must build a magnificent future.

Think Ahead.



Very touching. The bit about Gandhi is especially relevant in these troubled times.

I do not know who wrote this. If you know, do comment below so I can properly credit him/her.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About periphany

  My digital pensieve.
 
  Read. Comment. Repeat.

About me

Amazon Search

Search Now:  
Amazon Logo

Feed/Syndication

Powered by Blogger

All Posts © 2005 Linux Ghoul.
All Comments © poster.